Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Celebrating with a gift


This is one of those exasperating cards where my first idea just didn't work out and I wasn't sure how to fix it. I started off with the pink papers and sentiment which came as a freebie from a UK magazine. Everything I did with it originally was just too pink. A few days later I sat down with it again and added lots of colour - that sure made a difference! I love the green paper with the rainbow dots and think it gave this card the oomph that it needed. The gift box is cut from a border strip and topped with a flower brad. I've used two ribbons - the pink stripe is folded inside a silver edged white organza. I'm so glad it's finally finished!

1 comment:

  1. The pink and green color combo is one of my favorites. Love the little package with the brad for the bow....I must remember to do this on a card. Yes the green dotted paper is fabulous for your card....I like the layered ribbons also.

    ReplyDelete